01. write an introduction and submit it to share sites like Digg, Reddit and Now Public.
02. Create a Yahoo Group in the niche your site sits.
03. Create a MySpace account and use it to publisise your site.
04. Bookmark your site on Del.icio.us and if you’re really keen, add a Del.icio.us button to your homepage.
05. Create a Technorati account and “claim” your blog.
06. Submit your site to free, search engine friendly directories. An excellent list can be found here.
07. Conduct a survey. This is an excellent way to generate offline publicity.
08. Place a free ad for your company on Gumtree.
09.Syndicate your site’s content by using an RSS feeds.
10.Submit your RSS feeds to agregator sites like FeedBurner, Squidoo, Feedboy, Jordomedia, FeedBomb, FeedCat, rssmad, feeddirectory and feedfury. Stolen from DigitalPoint
11.Write an article related to your site and submit it to article sites.
12.Sign up to StumbleUpon and get your friends to Stumble your site.
13.Create a custom 404 page so that even if someone encounters an error on your site, they are re-directed somewhere nice.
14. Set up a 301 redirect to take traffic from your non-www address to your www address. See here for more info.
15.Add a link to your site in the signature of any forums you post on.
16.Tell your friends about your site. It’s free advertising init.
17.Speel cheek your stie. Nothing appears more amateur than a site with typos or spelling mistakes.
18.Test your site and make sure it appears correctly in all major browsers.
19.Buy enough hosting. No one likes a slow site.
20.Don’t worry about PageRank – worrying about PageRank is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.*
21.Offer something for free. Free is good. People tell their friends about free stuff.
22.Tell your neighbours, you never know what contacts they might have.
23 Offer your users as many ways as possible to contact you. MSN, Skype, Yahoo etc all complement email, phone and a real address.
24. Advertise your site on Craigslist. It’s free, relevant and localised.
25.Do NOT use frames.
26 Submit your site to DMOZ.org. It may take time, but it’s worth it.
27 Create an XML sitemap of your site and submit it to Google.
28 Get a custom t-shirt made with your website url on it, and wear it often.
29 comment on flicker photo
30 Sign up with an affiliate programme to sell your product, or if you’re a publish, make some cash!
30 On your Contact Page ask people if they mind receiving your newsletter.
31 Send out a newsletter!
32 Go to a free seminar for Website owners. You might learn something.
33 Find quality and relevant blogs and leave a comment (with a link back to your site of course).
34 Don’t pay people to submit your site to search engines. It’s a waste of money.
35 YouTube and Google Video are excellent portals on which to launch a viral campaign.
36 Giving away an eBook is an excellent way to generate word-of-mouth about your site.
37 Sponsor a WordPress theme or a phpListDirectory template.
37 If you sell products that are advertised on television by the manufacturer, add “As Seen on TV” to your site!
38 Avoid proprietry technologies like Java and Active X.
39 Put downloadable content on your site, but make sure it’s not manufacturer specific – so mp3 rather than wma.
40 Learn about CSS. It’s the new HTML.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is a process optimization, which makes for a website to get higher position in SERP (Search Engine Result Pages). Average optimization process is about 3 to 9 months.
SEO world comparison:
Let’s say the number one search engine world, Google, is a digital ocean. Assume a competitive vessels sites in this vast ocean. Sails of a ship is the main structure of the website, as this is the important thing the speed of the ship. The nature and structure of your site code form the basic structure of this site. For example an HTML sailing ship went many times faster than FLASH ship sailing. Because HTML is technically more superior than competing FLASH SEO.
Human factor in competition SEO:
Is SEO competition in the world of digital technology, the human factor is the decisive factor here. The human factor is an SEO specialist. Captain is the one that leads to the sailing of the vessel during the race and successfully complete the race. He must know well the deep ocean, where the competition takes place (Google). A wise captain knows the experience beneficial and dangerous side of this ocean. He knows when and where the wind blows.
Follow these steps while allowing the optimization:
- Have a compatible web site optimization.
- You have an original and useful content.
- Use the right meta tags correctly and to pay attention to meta tags content relevancy.
- All the steps that make the site were called in on page optimization. Suppose you play a strategic mind game with Google bot and try to use your brain and creativity in this game.
- Once on site optimization, page optimization making out (back building), slowly and confidently. Make only one way link building (only links to your site) of high quality and relevant websites.
- Optimization process is long and demanding process. Keep up the work with patience and never give up. Suppose you raise your little baby to become a mature person. Make minor improvements or changes where necessary so as to have a well optimized website.
Dangerous steps penalty in SEO:
- Do not use copy (stolen, plagiatstvana) content.
- Do not use hidden text or links of the same background color.
- Don’t use cloaked pages, deceptive redirects, doorway pages or duplicate site and pages.
- Do not pay links and try to not make the building of mutual respect.
- Never do spam links in SEO.
Why SEO is difficult and it is quite a high rate of competition?
The answer is very simple. If you are not on Google 1st page after the SEO, optimization, that is not useful at all. The maximum traffic that will receive the monthly potential traffic keyword is 5% when you are on 2nd page of Google. This ratio 5% is still an exception. Normally it would be much lower ratio. In fact, this is a terrible truth about optimization. Google 1st page only advertising space. Everything begins and ends here. Since we know that there are 10 websites on each page of search results and the first primary objective is to place in the top 10 then the second main aim is increasing on the first page as much as possible and then to stabilize its position.
Any website that achieves getting a position in the top 10 throws of a website that used to be on the front page of the second page. Therefore, competition in SEO is quite high and ruthless. At this competition the near future on the first page, Google will be much more difficult because of the optimization market is growing every day. “Easy” and “guarantee” words do not take place in the vocabulary of the world SEO. Whether competition is a great optimization, or on average every 1st page of the competition must be serious and professional process.